-->
CANUCKS HOCKEY BLOG

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Canucks Sign Sven Butenschon

I apologize for not posting a lot this weekend. I'm driving my little sister to and from basketball camp at SFU, and it's my parents' 30th wedding anniversary... so I won't have a lot of time to post.

I would, however, like to take this opportunity and pass on that the Vancouver Canucks have signed defenseman Sven Butenschon. Sven who? Exactly.

Butenschon is a depth player. Very big guy, kinda like a Marek Malik. He's played with the Panthers and the Islanders, but has yet to play a full season in the NHL. Hope he gets a good look as the no. 6/7 d-man.

Speaking of Whistler, the Canucks also announced that this year's training camp will be split between Whistler and Vancouver. Rookie camp starts on September 5th; the main camp begins on September 13th.
posted by J.J. Guerrero, 6:49 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home