-->
CANUCKS HOCKEY BLOG

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Hockey Bloggers' Hockey Pool

PJ from Sharkspage set up a hockey pool for Hockey Bloggers - thanks again PJ! - and we had our draft this weekend. Following Tom L's (from Sabre Rattling) lead, I thought I'd post my lineup:

Centers:
  • Pavol Demitra
  • Saku Koivu
  • Tyler Arnason

Left Wings:

  • Markus Naslund
  • Rick Nash
  • Tomas Holmstrom

Right Wings:

  • Dany Heatley
  • Teemu Selanne
  • Mark Parrish

Defensemen:

  • Mattias Ohlund
  • Alexei Zhitnik
  • Scott Hannan
  • Sandis Ozolinsh
  • Paul Martin

Goalies:

  • Nikolai Khabibulin
  • Dan Cloutier
Somewhat unintentionally, the forward lines seem to be my strength. Needless to say, I'm quite pleased at getting Naslund, but I also have Nash, Demitra, Koivu and Heatley, all of whom should hopefully get 60-70+ points each. Holmstrom, who may get more quality minutes this year, Selanne and Parrish aren't bad either.

My defense is okay, but nothing spectacular. Zhitnik and Ozolinsh may benefit from the new rules and give me some points and powerplay points, but they will also give me some minuses on the +/- column. Ohlund and Hannan are solid and will give me some stats across the board. I'd be interested to see if Paul Martin can get produce more now that Scott Niedermayer and Scott Stevens are gone.

In goal, Cloutier has put up some of the better regular season stats in recent years and he should hopefully continue to do so. Also, Khabibulin is one of the best goaltenders in the league, though it remains to be seen if he can put up the same numbers in Chicago, whose roster won't be confused with last season's Tampa Bay Lightning.

I'm one of the rookies in this pool. I can't wait to start playing.
posted by J.J. Guerrero, 9:29 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home