-->
CANUCKS HOCKEY BLOG

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

The Not-So-Gentle Giants


The Vancouver Giants are WHL champions after a convincing 6-3 win over the Moose Jaw Warriors last night. The Giants swept the series, the series before that, and finished their postseason with an amazing 16-2 record. They will make the trip to Moncton, NB to represent the west in the 2006 Memorial Cup.

Gilbert Brule, the Columbus Blue Jackets draft pick who led all skaters in the postseason with 30 points in 18 games and was named series MVP:

"This is the best thing that's ever happened to me so far -- that includes getting drafted and starting the year in the NHL"
Dustin Slade, who recorded six shutouts in 16 wins:

"This is so sweet. I can't thank everyone enough for taking a chance on me and giving me this opportunity. I've never been closer than I am with these guys. I'm just so happy -- for myself, for my teammates, for the organization as a whole and for the city."
And Mark Fistric, the Giants' first-ever bantam draft pick:

"This is so great -- I'm so happy for everyone. From like three wins the team's first year to two losses in the playoffs and a league championship this year -- I'm speechless. We're a family here and I just want to say it's been great to be a part of such a great group of guys."
The 2006 Memorial Cup starts on Friday, May 19th.

(Photo taken from canada.com)

______________
Comments/Questions: Feel free to post in the comments section or email me at gocanucksgo10 (at) hotmail (dot) com.

Technorati Tags: , , , , ,
posted by J.J. Guerrero, 6:42 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home