-->
CANUCKS HOCKEY BLOG

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Canucks 2 Sharks 1 (OT)

I'm gonna be honest here, guys. I'm hungover as hell. Some of my good friends and I went to the Shark Club on Georgia St. to celebrate my birthday and watch the game, and let's just say, I probably had one more Jager-bomb than I should have. It was a great time - I also met some of the cool folks from Canucks Corner, who were having their annual meet and greet - however, because of aforementioned Jager-bomb (and other like alcoholic drinks), my memory of the game is a bit on the fuzzy side.

I'm sure it was a great game. The Canucks won 2-1 in overtime and extended their win streak to five games. They are 11-1-1 in their last 13 games and have a four-point lead over the Minnesota Wild and six-point lead over the Calgary Flames for the Northwest Division title.

Except for parts of the first period when the Canucks took a couple of penalties and the Sharks dominated the play, I thought the guys in Orca white looked good. In an even-matched, tight-checking affair, they threw 37 shots on Evgeni Nabokov, who stopped 35 of them.

Meanwhile, on the other end, Roberto Luongo did what he normally does. He wasn't as busy - he only faced 26 Sharks shots - but he was just as good. His win was his career-high 39th of the season; with it, he also set a new Canucks franchise record for most goaltender wins in a single season. Next up, Bernie Parent's NHL record of 47 wins.

More from the Mainstream


Official Statistics


Next Game

Early Sunday evening against the Chris Pronger-less Anaheim Ducks.


Postscript: Thanks to Ernest and Naomi for sending in this pic from San Jose.



______________
Comments/Questions: Feel free to post in the comments section or email me at gocanucksgo10 (at) hotmail (dot) com.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

Labels: , ,

posted by J.J. Guerrero, 8:54 AM

5 Comments:

At March 10, 2007 11:30 AM, Blogger Rinslet said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! (or belated now?)

 
At March 10, 2007 5:30 PM, Blogger J.J. Guerrero said...

haha! It's belated.

Maraming salamat. :)

 
At March 10, 2007 7:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Belated there JJ

Thanks for the pic. As a guy who likes offense, the first period was a little boring. Since I was at SJ, I obviously didn't get commentary

But the 3rd and OT was the best. Goals by both sides, and chances for each team with few minutes to go in regulation. Glad to see we won in OT.

HP Pavillion has way more family oriented fans then GM Place. I guess guys don't bring dates to Sharks games

 
At March 10, 2007 10:19 PM, Blogger Jordi said...

Happy birthday amongst many things! Birthdays are always fun!

 
At March 11, 2007 10:16 AM, Blogger J.J. Guerrero said...

Thanks guys!

Ernest - I'm not surprised that there were a lot of families there. Instead of empty seats and such, I can see they'd much rather fill them up with families and kids. I remember the Grizzlies used to do that all the time at GM Place.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home