-->
CANUCKS HOCKEY BLOG

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Game Day: Nashville at Canucks

I took a look at the NHL standings this morning and was mildly surprised at the Canucks' record relative to tonight's opponent, the Nashville Predators. For all the hype and hoopla the Preds received (they and the Wings and the Ducks), the Canucks are only six points back of them. Let me put this another way - going into tonight's game, the Canucks are only six points back of the Western Conference-leading, NHL-leading Nashville Predators.

The Canucks, however, have had problems solving the Predators this season. They've lost two of their meetings so far and needed extra time to win the one game they did. And unfortunately for them, Willie Mitchell and Sami Salo will miss tonight's game, and will again rely heavilly on Mattias Ohlund and Kevin Bieksa to stop - or at least try to - the high-powered Nashville offence.

"I'm smarter this time, I know better," Mitchell said. "I still have pain, and if I still have pain I'm not going to come back.

"The last time I came back, I actually didn't have pain in the morning skate and I made the injury worse in the game.

"Now, I still have a little pain and waiting until Sunday will be really the smartest thing for me to do."
More links and such about tonight's game:
______________
Comments/Questions: Feel free to post in the comments section or email me at gocanucksgo10 (at) hotmail (dot) com.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

Labels: ,

posted by J.J. Guerrero, 6:29 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home