-->
CANUCKS HOCKEY BLOG

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Update on Sami

From Jason Botchford (Vancouver Province):
Salo had two plates inserted into his face, one to fix his nose and the other to fix his cheekbone area. He is expected to be out another two to four weeks while his face heals with the new plates.

He's able to do only light workouts with weights right now and hopes to start doing some cardio work next week.

He will be off the ice for another week, at least, and it's unclear when he'll be able to start skating again.
When Salo returns, he'll be wearing a visor.

Via Brad Ziemer (Vancouver Sun):
The Canuck defenceman said the injury was the wake-up call he needed to convince him to start wearing a visor.

"I want to protect my eyes," Salo said before the Canucks met the Oilers at General Motors Place.

"You can always fix noses and cheekbones, but you can't fix your eyes. I don't want to be in a vulnerable position if I don't wear a visor and the puck hits my eye. I'm not worried about my face and nose."
It's too bad, really, that it takes an incident like this to convince players to wear visors. I mean, isn't it just the obvious, smart thing to do?

______________
Comments/Questions: Feel free to post in the comments section or email me at gocanucksgo10 (at) hotmail (dot) com.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

Labels:

posted by J.J. Guerrero, 7:05 AM

1 Comments:

At November 16, 2007 3:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No kidding about the visor. How on earth could anyone value their machismo over their sight is beyond me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home