-->
CANUCKS HOCKEY BLOG

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Dear Brett

Brett Hull obviously touched many people during his illustrious career, as evidenced by this collection of letters posted on Darryl Reaugh's Dallas Stars blog.

My personal favorite:

I had to retire a bit premature compared to you. I didn't want to. You made me. Why didn't you shoot wide some times Brett? Why did you always have to shoot it where I wasn't? Why didn't you pass to someone I could stop? Someone like Sergio Momesso or Steve Tuttle. Why Brett? Why? Oh, by the way, I named my dog Hully. It's a blonde mutt that I lay the boots to daily.

- Red Wing netminder Tim Cheveldae (who Hull scored on the most)
But only because it is the first time I've seen Sergio Momesso mentioned anywhere near the same breath as the Golden Brett.

Thanks to Tom L. from Sabre Rattling for the assist.
posted by J.J. Guerrero, 6:29 AM

4 Comments:

At October 27, 2005 3:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! Back in the day we used to call Momesso, "Hands of Stone". It was a nickname that stuck amongst my circle of friends. I'm guessing Time Cheveldae agrees with me here!

 
At October 27, 2005 9:08 PM, Blogger J.J. Guerrero said...

Ahhh... I remember the old days of Sandlak and Momesso quite fondly. 500 lbs. of brute force and hands of stone.

 
At October 31, 2005 10:05 AM, Blogger Tom L said...

You're welcome.

Though on re-reading it I think Rayzor missed a golden opportunity to catch the essence of Lindy Ruff....

Lindy's letter should just have been.

Dear Brett,

No goal.

LR


Ta,

 
At October 31, 2005 5:38 PM, Blogger J.J. Guerrero said...

However, if I remember correctly, at the specific moment that they allowed the goal, Lindy was a little more animated than that. haha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home