Monday, November 20, 2006
If we could forget for one second that the Canucks missed the Stanley Cup playoffs last season, 2006 was actually a great year for BC sports and BC athletes. The Vancouver Giants won the Western Hockey League championship; the Vancouver Whitecaps won the USL First Division championship; ditto the women's Whitecaps; Victoria's Steve Nash won his second consecutive NBA MVP; Burnaby's Christine Sinclair was named US College Woman of the Year; and Minnesota Twins outfielder and New Westminster product Justin Morneau is an AL MVP candidate (award to be announced tomorrow).
Yesterday, the BC Lions added to BC's trophy case when they won the 94th Grey Cup.
- Paul was perfect, Dave got dirty. (Ed Willies, Vancouver Province)
- New Buono the final ingredient. (Ed Willes)
- Fred Fateri, the Lions thank you. (Lowell Ulrich, Vancouver Province)
- Dave Dickenson named MVP. (Michael Petrie, CanWest)
- Preparation pays off for Glatt. (Lowell Ulrich)
- Paul McCallum's redemption complete. (Sean Fitz-gerald, CanWest)
- Kelly Bates broke the Cup. (Geoffrey Strong, CBC)
Also, there's a Grey Cup party planned in front of the Vancouver Art Gallery on Tuesday during the lunch hour.
Comments/Questions: Feel free to post in the comments section or email me at gocanucksgo10 (at) hotmail (dot) com.
Technorati Tags: CFL, football, Grey+Cup, BC+Lions, Montreal+Alouettes