-->
CANUCKS HOCKEY BLOG

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Canucks 0 Stars 2

I'm hungover, I'm tired and I'm pissed off.

I want to curse and swear and rant on and on about how the Canucks, on their most important game of the season, didn't bother to come out and play, but Alain Vigneault already did that (Ed Willes, Vancouver Province):

Before his players could board the bus, Alain Vigneault threw them under it Saturday night.

Citing a lack of leadership and effort from his veteran core in a crucial 2-0 loss to the Dallas Stars that evened the best-of-seven Western Conference quarterfinal series at three games apiece, the Vancouver Canucks coach put his stars in the crosshairs and pulled the trigger.

How they respond to the tongue-lashing will either script a series victory Monday night in Game 7 at GM Place or a sorry slide from another 3-1 series lead.

"Players that have played the longest are not bringing their A-game to the table and that's why we lost," said a solemn Vigneault. "Not just the game they're putting on the ice, but their work ethic and dedication and commitment that's needed. And that's just not good enough.

"If we bring this type of game and effort on the ice [in Game 7], I don't like our chances."
Neither do I, though like they've been able to do all season, I hope they can somehow snap out this little funk and pull out the series win tomorrow night.

More from the Mainstream

About the game around the blogosphere


My 3 Stars of the Game

  1. Mike Modano (DAL): His first goal of the series stood as the game-winning goal.
  2. Marty Turco (DAL): Two consecutive shutouts now.
  3. Roberto Luongo (VAN): Was perhaps the only Canuck to bring his A-game.

Official Statistics


Next Game

Game 7 tomorrow at 6 PM.

______________
Comments/Questions: Feel free to post in the comments section or email me at gocanucksgo10 (at) hotmail (dot) com.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

Labels: , ,

posted by J.J. Guerrero, 1:36 PM

6 Comments:

At April 22, 2007 3:12 PM, Blogger alayna said...

I feel exactly like you do. It was just so painful to watch. I was so frustrated watching the game I almost started crying--crying! Over hockey! I get pretty into the Canucks but the last time I cried over them was when Linden was traded. It was just sad. I'm glad Alain Vigneault called them out.

 
At April 22, 2007 3:28 PM, Blogger J.J. Guerrero said...

I was so upset that I actually almost didn't finish my beer when the game ended. I got over that pretty quick, however.

Morrow called out his team after game 4 and the Stars responded. Maybe AV's rant after the game was just what the team needs.

 
At April 22, 2007 5:25 PM, Blogger Mike said...

Sweet, I'm officially aligned with tortue! But I couldn't agree more...

 
At April 22, 2007 6:25 PM, Blogger J.J. Guerrero said...

Ahhh crap. I just re-read what I wrote. Sorry 'bout that, Mike. Don't mean your writing was torture of course. Re-living the game is, however.

That game was just so painful to watch at the end, I couldn't even bring myself to watch the highlights this morning.

 
At April 23, 2007 7:12 AM, Blogger Mike said...

No no dude, I was kidding! Living minute to minute is torture. No offense taken at all...you have to try much harder to offend me!

 
At May 07, 2007 1:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Domin8 MySpace with unique myspace music. Check out www.domin8myspace.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home