Friday, September 07, 2007
The Kids Come To Camp
Prospects camp starts today in Victoria and 25 kids are invited. Some of the names are familiar (Bourdon, Schneider, Edler, Grabner), some are not-so-familiar (Ash Goldie, Charles-Antoine Messier, Pierre Cedric Labrie), and some we'll be more familiar with by the end of camp (Mason Raymond, Jannik Hansen, Daniel Rahimi, Juraj Simek).
I can't remember the last time the Canucks had a group of prospects with this amount of skill level and potential to make the NHL. Of the current roster, only about a third consist of players drafted by the team. I'm excited to see what these kids can do and see if we can add to the list of "homegrown talent" in the near future.
Here are today's links, focused on the prospects in camp:
- Canucks Top 20 prospects. (Hockeys Future)
- Breath of fresh air. (Elliott Pap, Vancouver Sun)
- Edler set to take it to the next level. (Cleve Dheensaw, Victoria Times Colonist)
- Here comes Mr. Excitement. (Ben Kuzma, Vancouver Province)
- Schneider plays waiting game. (Ben Kuzma, Vancouver Province)
- They call him a prospect, but... (Tony Gallagher, Vancouver Province)
- Photos from yesterday's rookie fitness testing. (canucks.com)
Comments/Questions: Feel free to post in the comments section or email me at gocanucksgo10 (at) hotmail (dot) com.
Technorati Tags: NHL, hockey, Vancouver, Canucks