-->
CANUCKS HOCKEY BLOG

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Mole Hills and Mountains

All of Vancouver is up in arms because Alain Vigneault *ahem* called out Roberto Luongo during after yesterday's practice (Brad Ziemer, National Post):
"I know Roberto really wants to get onto the same roll that he was on to prior to this and he probably would be the first one to tell you that since probably the Islanders game (on Jan. 8) the goaltender that he has faced, except for probably that Detroit game, has had a slight edge there," Vigneault said. "The facts are simple. We need our best players to be at their best. And Roberto is one of them."
Has Roberto looked average the last few games? Yes. Does he deserve some criticism? Perhaps. Should we be making a big deal over what Vigneault said? Not at all.

In fact, after Monday night's game, Luongo himself admitted as much (Gordon McIntyre, Vancouver Province):

"Listen, I'm trying to do the best I can out there," Luongo said in a soft voice. "I'm working hard.

"I'm a human being like everyone else. It's hard to be on top of your A-game for 82 games.

"Obviously I gave up bad goals tonight, but you can always do better."
And I have no doubt he will. There's no need to make a mountain out of this mole hill.

______________
Comments/Questions: Feel free to post in the comments section or email me at gocanucksgo10 (at) hotmail (dot) com.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

Labels: ,

posted by J.J. Guerrero, 5:55 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home