-->
CANUCKS HOCKEY BLOG

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Catching Up

I know I've got a bit of catching up from the happenings of the last week so bear with me and random babbles:
  • Earlier this month, the Canucks had one win in nine games. Now, they're 3-1-1 in their last five, they're back in seventh place in the Western Conference, and everyone in Canuckland is breathing a bit easier. (Easier than last week anyway.)
  • I'm sure there's no need to point this out but tonight's game against the Minnesota Wild is another big one. I actually managed to catch last Thursday's game at a sports bar in Toronto and I thought the Canucks, overall, outplayed the Wild and deserved the full two points.
  • I got back in time to catch Saturday night's game against the Oilers. Heckuva game, and like everyone, I was most impressed with the boys' effort. I was also least impressed with Craig Mactavish's coaching techniques and his Oilers players' shenanigans. Sending Zach Stortini out when the game was virtually over was a dipshit move. So were Brodziak and Greene goading Mitchell and Linden into fights with two seconds left, Steve Staios slashing Alex Burrows after his goal and Jarret Stool taking a run at Burrow three Mississippis while Burrows was celebrating. Incidentally, Staios was fined by the NHL for that slash (TSN.ca).
  • Another one bites the dust. Taylor Pyatt's travelling with the team but won't play tonight or maybe Thursday because of an "upper body injury" (that really looks like a shoulder injury). That's extremely disappointing. Pretty Eyes was playing some of his best hockey and has been one of the more consistent forwards over the last couple of months. Jeff Cowan will take his place in the lineup. (Jason Botchford, Vancouver Province)
  • Maybe Kay Whitmore is still holding a grudge against the Vancouver Canucks for trading him for Joey Kocur, but I don't understand his constant flip-flopping over Roberto Luongo's pads. Yes he can wear it, no he can't, no he has to trim them first, no he has to cut them. Oh, meantime, all the other goalies can wear it. Make up your freakin' mind. (Jason Botchford, Vancouver Province)
  • I received an email from Malcolm, a Canuck Place family volunteer. I've supported Canuck Place in the past but he is doing something extraordinary. Not only does he give his time to help the kids that stay there, but on September 6th later this year, he's participating in the Canuck Place Adventure Challenge, a fundraiser event that consists of a 6 km kayak, a 32 km bike ride and an 8 km run. All this for Canuck Place. In the meantime, he's documenting some of his stories, and if you get a free minute, make sure you stop by. (Canuck Place Adventure Blog)
______________
Comments/Questions: Feel free to post in the comments section or email me at gocanucksgo10 (at) hotmail (dot) com.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

Labels: , , , ,

posted by J.J. Guerrero, 6:05 AM

2 Comments:

At February 19, 2008 2:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, since you also have noticed that Pyatt has, er, striking eyes, I feel much less like I've caught The Ghey.

 
At February 19, 2008 8:59 PM, Blogger J.J. Guerrero said...

I would've forgotten about them already except my wife keeps pointing them out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home