-->
CANUCKS HOCKEY BLOG

Friday, February 29, 2008

Game Day Post: Blue Jackets at Canucks

The Vancouver media tried to create a bit of controversy yesterday when they played a sound clip of Roberto Luongo, who obviously wasn't too happy at Wednesday night's loss, over and over and over again.
"We had about six chances to get it out and either we shot it off our own guys or we didn't get it out," Luongo said. "The next thing you know there's a shot from the point and Sakic is all alone at the side. I was able to get the first save, but he chipped the second one over me. It's unacceptable, inexcusable, that should never happen in an important game like that. So we just pissed away two points tonight."
First, Louie responded (Ben Kuzma, Vancouver Province):
"First of all, I don't throw my teammates under the bus," said Luongo. "We all work hard and try to do the right things out there and work for each other. Obviously, it was a tough way to lose and I was upset. I take losing seriously and I don't enjoy it. We're a team and I respect my teammates and what they do out there. I'd never single out anybody."
Then his teammates backed him up:
"Why would I take it personally? Sakic shouldn't score at the end of the game," said Mitchell. "Players like that [Luongo] with a fire in their belly hate to lose and I love those players. That's the difference between a winner and a loser. You're on the right team when your best player wants it that bad."

(snip)

"We've got a lot of quiet guys in this locker-room and it's always good when Louie steps up," said Burrows. "When we see that he's mad, guys want to give it a little bit more."
Controversy over, ok?

What was funny about this whole thing is that a lot of the same people that said that Louie shouldn't have said that after the loss to Colorado are the same people that complain about the Canucks lacking a vocal leader.

Well, now they have one.

More 'Nucks-related pieces in today's MSM:
______________
Comments/Questions: Feel free to post in the comments section or email me at gocanucksgo10 (at) hotmail (dot) com.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

Labels: ,

posted by J.J. Guerrero, 6:16 AM

1 Comments:

At March 02, 2008 3:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think there's a conspiracy. Every time there's a number retired, or a fan wins a big prize, the home team seems to lose, so it's destiny.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home