-->
CANUCKS HOCKEY BLOG

Thursday, April 03, 2008

Game Day Post: Oilers at Canucks

The Edmonton Oilers are playing for pride (Joanne Ireland, Edmonton Journal). If the Canucks have any, they'll do the same and take advantage of an Ales Hemsky-less Oilers squad. Regardless of how the Flames' and Predators' games end.

All the cliches have been exhausted and I don't really have that much more to say about tonight's game. I'm just hoping it's not the last game I go to this season that has any significance.

Go Canucks! Go Blues! Go Wild!

From the MSM:
______________
Comments/Questions: Feel free to post in the comments section or email me at gocanucksgo10 (at) hotmail (dot) com.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

Labels: , , ,

posted by J.J. Guerrero, 6:13 AM

5 Comments:

At April 03, 2008 8:01 AM, Blogger Loxy said...

Obviously I don't live by the "hope Canadian teams get into the playoffs" mantra.

If we're going down, I hope we take you guys with us...

Goilers!

 
At April 03, 2008 9:31 AM, Blogger Tim said...

@loxy:
Wouldn't you rather we get in at the expense of the Flames?

 
At April 03, 2008 10:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I said this earlier to an Oilers friend of mine who indicated his wish for our demise tonight.

I thought the much-heralded Battle of Alberta would compel any respectable Oilers fan to prefer Calgary miss out.

Most interesting is that the Calgary-Minnesota game will be over before Vancouver-Edmonton, so you would assume if the Wild win in regulation there would be even more cause for optimism (among Oilers fans) that Calgary would go out...

Maybe it's not such a rivalry after all.

 
At April 03, 2008 12:04 PM, Blogger Canuckfan said...

Turns out that when you scratch the surface of an oilers fan, you find a Flamer underneath.

No wonder they both hate Vancouver so much--we've pwned them all year.

But I'm so nervous about tonight I want to barf. I'm terrified that we will either get an early lead or an early deficit. Both scenarios are equally terrifying...

 
At April 03, 2008 6:34 PM, Blogger Loxy said...

I'm an Oilers fan living in Vancouver. I don't have to deal with Flames fans on a day-to-day basis - so it's kinda out of sight, out of mind.

At this point Vancouver fans have done much more to me than Flamers, so when I look at my list of favorite teams in the league it goes...
29. Calgary
30. Vancouver

 

Post a Comment

<< Home