-->
CANUCKS HOCKEY BLOG

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Coyotes 1 Canucks 3

I've ordered the Canucks pay-per-view game on Shaw seven times this season. I've had problems five of those times. Last night, I missed the last 10 minutes of the game because the screen blacked out. It was stupid. Fucking stupid. (Or maybe I am for forking out the money anyway.)

For those who want a refund, the number is (604) 629-8888. You can also send an email from this link:

https://secure.shaw.ca/need_help/Request_Help_Form.asp

They'll offer you a refund of anywhere of $4.32 because they claim that there was only ten minutes left in the game. I'm personally of the opinion that we should all get full refunds but I'll leave it to you to think if $4 is fair or not.

*****

The Canucks looked a lot more interested last night than the last time they played Phoenix (the 2-0 loss). As he'd done all season, Luongo shut the door. For the first time in a long time, the Sedins provided the offense. As was expected, Rick Rypien and Nathan McIver didn't let the Coyotes throw their weight around. If the Canucks were intimidated last time around, they weren't last night, and in fact, controlled a good chunk of the game.

While the Morrison, Naslund and Pettinger line didn't show up on the score sheet, I thought they had another great game. Naslund and Morrison looked like they may have rekindled some chemistry from their WCE days. Pettinger hasn't looked out of place either and seemed to be able to read where Nazzy and Mo were going.

If this line could be a consistent threat, then it's obviously good news for the Canucks but especially good news for the Sedins. It certainly makes the opposition coaches think twice about who they want defending which line. I don't think it's a coincidence that, one game after combining for nine points, Nazzy, Mo and Pettinger faced Ed Jovanovski for most of the game. The Sedins faced Keith Ballard and Derek Morris and took full advantage.

*****

Does injury news even surprise us anymore? This time, Mason Raymond is expected to be out of the lineup for four weeks with a second degree MCL sprain (TSN.ca).

After the game, Alain Vigneault wasn't pleased:


"In my opinion it was a dirty hit," Vigneault said. "I can't see how they couldn't have seen that, knee-on-knee. I hope the league is going to review it."
Alanah (Canucks and Beyond) has the Youtube video:



I agree with Alanah. The hit was definitely a knee-to-knee, though I can't tell if Ballard intentionally stuck out his knee. Raymond's quick and Ballard's not. To me, it just seemed that Ballard went for the hit, Raymond kinda got by him and Ballard ended up getting him late. Tough call for sure, but even tougher break for Raymond, who's really been one of the Canucks' bright spots this season.

More from the MSM:

Next game:

Thursday night against the Edmonton Oilers.

______________
Comments/Questions: Feel free to post in the comments section or email me at gocanucksgo10 (at) hotmail (dot) com.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

Labels: , , ,

posted by J.J. Guerrero, 6:24 AM

2 Comments:

At March 18, 2008 10:57 AM, Blogger Rinslet said...

My filipino mom is so hardcore she ended up getting a full refund + a 50% refund for the ducks game. HAHAHAHAHA. XD

I wonder if she's blacklisted in shaw yet. XD

 
At March 19, 2008 10:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been at my local in Kerrisdale for the pay for view games and have had the same experience. Nothing like a packed bar for St. Pattys Day, having a good time and the game freezes up...I thought there was going to be a riot. My buddy in Poco also lost his signal. Last year the manager was paying $1800 for the pay for view, I think it was over $2600 this year, so much for better service for more money...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home