-->
CANUCKS HOCKEY BLOG

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Till Hockey Do Us Part

More from the hockey-lovin' couple, Jeff and Alannah, of VCOE:

Maryanne's husband is a sports addict, and she’s quite supportive about it all most of the time. But she’s noticed “a few little quirks… that he may want to eventually address”:

1. I’ve caught him watching a game on TV while trying to tune another one in on the radio and think he’s gonna get a little something, something from me all at the same time. This is not my idea of multi-tasking. Now if he stopped pursuing me and offered to mate socks instead, then we’d be onto something.

2. He needs to stop calling me at work to tell me whose been recently traded in the NHL. I don’t care if Montreal is trading someone I’ve never heard of to Switzerland for a 16 year old sheep herder who gonna possibly be the next “dominator.”
When Tracy and I were in Alberta last month, she pointed out this T-shirt on sale at West Edmonton Mall:


How that rings true.

Unlike in Jeff's and Alannah's case, Tracy was not a hockey fan when we first met. She was a big hoops fan and had never even been to a hockey game. In fact, the first hockey game she saw was our first date - game one of the 2003 Canucks/Blues playoff series. Perhaps it was kismet, but we obviously contined dating even after that debacle.

She's become a Canucklehead now, and when she plans our social calendar, prefaces by asking, "Is there a Canucks game on that night?"

Now that's love. :)
posted by J.J. Guerrero, 9:14 PM

2 Comments:

At March 02, 2006 11:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The t-shirt is awesome! I must find it...;-)

 
At March 03, 2006 6:46 AM, Blogger J.J. Guerrero said...

It's a sweet shirt. A must-have for every hockey-lovin' couple. I can't remember if it was at Bootlegger or Bluenotes or whatever... it was at one of those kinds of stores. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home