-->
CANUCKS HOCKEY BLOG

Monday, May 15, 2006

Slick Oil

The good people at VCOE must be banging their heads this morning. Who would have thought that their evil Oilers are proving to be Canada's team this year? As sacamano from The Battle of Alberta notes, even Flames fans are jumping the Oilers' bandwagon:
I'm still down in Calgary, and I've gotta say, I love this town. It is chalk full of Oilers fans. When I first arrived on Friday, I turned on my folks' tv, which is approximately the size of a cell phone screen and needs at least 20 minutes to warm up, and the first person I saw through my binoculars was Astrid Kuhn -- the Calgary CBC reporter -- wearing an Oilers sweater. "I just thought it was time to cheer for the Alberta team", she said. Beautiful.
As luck would have it, I'm going to be in Edmonton for the next four days. As long as there are no incidents like this and this, Wednesday night should be fun.

______________
Comments/Questions: Feel free to post in the comments section or email me at gocanucksgo10 (at) hotmail (dot) com.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,
posted by J.J. Guerrero, 6:52 AM

1 Comments:

At May 16, 2006 11:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, we're not banging our heads. The way Edmonton is playing, we're (almost) starting to like 'em...

Don't care for that "canada's team" thing, but watching the Oil the last two games has been entertaining, so I guess we can't trash 'em!

Maybe later... ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home