-->
CANUCKS HOCKEY BLOG

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Markus Speaks Out

Maybe Markus Naslund is tired of hearing his name in trade rumors. He chats about them with Ben Kuzma in today's Vancouver Province:

The face of the franchise put to rest Wednesday the ongoing rumours that he could be swapped for unsigned Philadelphia winger Simon Gagne and join long-time friend and countryman Peter Forsberg on the Flyers.

"No, I've been committed," Naslund said following a skate at Burnaby 8-Rinks. "I like playing here and it's a special place. It's been tough not having the success we expected with a group that had the possibility of having success.

"And that's how I felt. But that being said, I'm happy about starting over again and proving myself again and getting some revenge and that hunger back.

"It's going to be different for everyone and I think it's a fresh start, too."
And after a season of many disappointments, both from an individual and a team perspective, it's a necessary fresh start.

Click here for the rest of the piece.

______________
Comments/Questions: Feel free to post in the comments section or email me at gocanucksgo10 (at) hotmail (dot) com.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,
posted by J.J. Guerrero, 6:54 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home