-->
CANUCKS HOCKEY BLOG

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Avery Bares His Soul. Kinda.


Besides drinking beer and watching sports, there are two other things that guys religously do - watch Swingers and read Maxim. Anyway, Maxim being the guy's bible and all, imagine my disappointment at reading this article (link via On The Wings) about the player I love to hate the most - Sean Avery. Here's a sampling from the piece:

Are there nights when you think, Man, I’d really like to pound someone’s face in?

Yeah. That usually happens when you’ve lost. And not by one or two goals, but a blowout. Pretty much every time there’s a blowout, I get upset and take it out on someone.

What’s up with pulling guys’ shirts over their heads? Do they teach you that in junior hockey?

It just makes sense. If you pull his jersey over his head he can’t see, and you can just punch away.

Seems like kind of a dishonorable way to fight.

You try to win at any expense. That’s the whole point of sports.
Classy. But I suppose we can't really expect much more from the NHL's resident idiot.

But you’re not losing sleep over the 1,000 bucks.

No, but what I am losing sleep over is the fact that I’m not allowed to speak my mind. What happened to freedom of speech? It’s nonexistent in sports. I mean, when does a reporter ever ask a hockey player about his political views? You’ve never heard that.

So what are your political views?

I don’t really have any [laughs]. I guess that’s why they don’t ask!
No Sean, it's probably because they don't care much for your opinion.

Postscript: Why Maxim wasted precious pages on Avery when they could have allocated more to features like this is beyond me. But before anyone points it out, I also realize that I wasted yet another post on him as well. God, I need help.

______________
Comments/Questions: Feel free to post in the comments section or email me at gocanucksgo10 (at) hotmail (dot) com.

Technorati Tags: , , ,
posted by J.J. Guerrero, 6:31 AM

6 Comments:

At August 17, 2006 12:01 PM, Blogger Justin said...

When push comes to shove, this asswipe is a complete turtle.

BTW, what the hell does Elisha Cuthbert see in this douchebag anyways?

 
At August 19, 2006 12:35 PM, Blogger J.J. Guerrero said...

Well, it's not his boyish good looks or charming personality, that's for sure...

 
At August 18, 2007 6:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE SEAN AVERY!!!!!!
i miss you being on the KINGS!!!!!

 
At August 18, 2007 6:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

he is so hot.
ya'll just haters.

 
At December 31, 2007 7:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sean Avery is the most amazing hockey player on ice and coming from a HUGE islanders fan that's something... I love Sean Avery!

 
At February 27, 2008 1:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Iam OBSESSED with Sean Avery, he is the most amazing person on this earth. Screw mary-kate, hes mine (:

 

Post a Comment

<< Home