Sunday, November 12, 2006
Roar Lions Roar
I'm on my way to the CFL Western Final today between the BC Lions and the Saskatchewan Rough Riders (only the second Lions game I'm going to this season). A couple of years ago, the Lions beat the Riders in the Western Final only because the Riders missed an 18-yard field goal on the last play of the game. As of yesterday, 47,000 tickets have already been sold for today's rematch.
Here are some pre-game talk from the mainstream media:
- The Lions need a big effort from their much-improved D. (Ed Willes, Vancouver Province)
- Does Dave have what it takes? (Lowell Ullrich, Vancouver Province)
- Team vs team, position-by-position. (Lowell Ullrich)
- Lions want to forget the past. (Jim Morris, Canadian Press)
- Lions seeking redemption. (Grant Kerr, Globe and Mail)
[update: 11/13/06, 2:47 PM]
The Lions delivered 45-18 whoopin' to the Rough Riders. In front of 50,084 fans, Dave Dickenson answered any questions about his ability to lead the team; and the team looks like it's ready to atone for its playoff failures the last three seasons.
The 94th Grey Cup goes next Sunday, November 19th, in Winnipeg. CBC coverage starts at 2:30 PM.
Comments/Questions: Feel free to post in the comments section or email me at gocanucksgo10 (at) hotmail (dot) com.
Technorati Tags: CFL, football, BC+Lions, Saskatchewan+Rough+Riders