-->
CANUCKS HOCKEY BLOG

Friday, April 13, 2007

The Curse of No. 17

The Canucks' number 17 is cursed.

Bill Muckalt had all sorts of shoulder problems; Jason King had concussion problems; Mike Ridley had back problems; Vladimir Krutov had an eating too many donuts problem. All these guys wore number 17.

Now, Ryan Kesler, who recovered from hip surgery in time to play game one of the Canucks/Stars series - and play well - blocked a shot, suffered a broken finger and will be out four to five weeks.

Last season, Kesler wore number 20 and played well-enough and injury-free enough to get a $1.9 million offer sheet. He switched to his college number 17 in the off-season. If I was Ryan, I'd switch my jersey number again.

______________
Comments/Questions: Feel free to post in the comments section or email me at gocanucksgo10 (at) hotmail (dot) com.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

Labels:

posted by J.J. Guerrero, 6:13 AM

3 Comments:

At April 13, 2007 8:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As soon as I heard he switched to #17 at the start of the year, my first thought was "oh shit".

The number is absolutely cursed... he needs to get rid of it next year.

I remember hearing some story on how Krutov climbed some mountain (ok, right there, it now sounds impossible), but apparantley he climbed a mountain and burned his #17 jersey, blaming it for the downfall of his career.

Anyways... Kelser... please switch numbers.

 
At April 13, 2007 10:54 AM, Blogger Rinslet said...

Yes, Kes! Please change jersey numbers! I don't care if you kicked Cowan's ass to get your old #20 back, just don't weiar 17 again.

 
At April 13, 2007 1:53 PM, Blogger Kel said...

Should I still mention the other number 17's like Jan Hlavac, Vadim Sharifijanov, and Drake Berehowsky?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home