-->
CANUCKS HOCKEY BLOG

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Round 1 Game 1: Welcome Back The Postseason

A lot of pundits are calling the Canucks-Stars series to be the most even-matched and least-exciting series of the playoffs.

I don't care. The Canucks are back in the playoffs for the first time in three years and I'm pumped.

Tracy and I will be going to our first playoff game together since our first date - game 1 vs. St. Louis in 2003 when the Canucks lost 6-0. (I could be superstitious, you know.) Last night, we talked about what would happen if the Canucks stink it up again tonight. Put it this way. It'll be bad news for her in terms of going to another playoff game in the future (though I suppose it's great news for any of my other friends who are looking to go to one). Think Marty feels the pressure of finally winning a playoff series? Or Louie who is playing in his first playoff game?

A lot of preview pieces on the web today. Here they are:

______________
Comments/Questions: Feel free to post in the comments section or email me at gocanucksgo10 (at) hotmail (dot) com.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

Labels: , , , , , ,

posted by J.J. Guerrero, 6:04 AM

9 Comments:

At April 11, 2007 9:29 AM, Blogger Jeremy said...

So exciting. At Christmas, I was not a Canucks believer. Even the games they were winning then looked sketchy to me. But they've surprised me over and over since then, and I've let my hopes creep up to the point where I think they've got as good a shot as anyone in the WC.

I had also forgotten about Kesler -- that could be a really nice boost for the team, especially if they can make it past Dallas (to give him some time to get up to speed). Might really take some heat off Cooke in the hitting and secondary-scoring departments.

 
At April 11, 2007 11:52 AM, Blogger d-lee said...

If it means anything to you, I'm fully on the 'Nucks wagon. Maybe I can bring some of my playoff mojo the Canucks way.

Good luck, have fun and don't take any of it for granted.

 
At April 11, 2007 5:08 PM, Blogger J.J. Guerrero said...

^ Thanks David! Plenty of room in the 'Nucks wagon!

Jeremy - I'd love for Kesler to return but I'd also like to err on the side of caution. Remember how long it took Mo to recover from the same injury.

 
At April 11, 2007 10:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I need some sleep but I can't stop watching.. 2 OT. Luongo's just made some awesome saves to keep us in the game. ANd now they have a powerplay.. man watching hockey can be stressful

 
At April 11, 2007 10:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So who do you think is going to win the cup? Vancouver has a good chance een though i dont like em but they are doing very good this year.

 
At April 12, 2007 12:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

w00t! finally :) What a game, now I can't complain about the Stars being a boring team though

 
At April 12, 2007 12:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

H E N R I K ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Wooooooooo!

 
At April 12, 2007 1:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YES! Believe!
5:4
After the 4:4 and in the first and second over time the canucks ...
Don`t know the right words in English
In Germany we say "sie waren tod, aber sie haben gekämpft bis zum Umfallen! :-)

Very proud today!!! What a big game and a wonderful start

Rocket up
Joerg

 
At April 12, 2007 10:11 AM, Blogger Jeremy said...

I hope I didn't curse Cooke with my comment about Kesler coming back and taking some of the heat off of him...

Bummed to not see Sopel out there. Fitzpatrick actually seemed fairly reliable though, and I thought Krajicek was playing well -- I suppose Vigneault was making sure they weren't out there against Modano.

Yet another game the 'nucks probably didn't "deserve" to win, but yet again...a big win. Wow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home