-->
CANUCKS HOCKEY BLOG

Monday, April 23, 2007

Round 1 Game 7: Three Times A Charm?


After what seemed like a certain second round match-up against the Anaheim Ducks just five days ago, it's now come down to this. One game. Game seven. Winner takes all.

If you're a regular reader of this blog, you'll know that I tend to be a glass half-full kinda guy. I know I focus a lot on the positives, spin or otherwise. Right now, I would normally be rattling off stats like how long it's been since the Canucks have lost three in a row; or how many times the Sedins have been left scoreless for this many games this season; or how much more experienced the Canucks are when it comes to playing in game sevens; or how many times Roberto Luongo has lost a game seven in his career.

However, one thing I've noticed in my postseason posts is how often the games have gone against the stats I've pointed out, so for tonight's game, I'm going to point out a negative stat instead in hopes of reversing it. In all the game sevens that I've ever attended at GM Place, the Canucks are one game under .500. They've won one (Blues '03) and lost two (Wild '03 and Flames '04). Along with the Sedins' and Naslund's lack of scoring and the powerplay's ineffectiveness, surely that's a stat the Canucks want to correct, eh?

Plenty of pregame previews for tonight's game seven:
______________
Comments/Questions: Feel free to post in the comments section or email me at gocanucksgo10 (at) hotmail (dot) com.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

Labels: , ,

posted by J.J. Guerrero, 6:15 AM

3 Comments:

At April 23, 2007 12:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope I don't hear another CHOKE story from our "great" captain again.

 
At April 23, 2007 2:02 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

We can only hope that the canucks dig deep and find something somewhere to beat the stars and win the series !!!!!!!!!!!

 
At April 23, 2007 3:51 PM, Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

Three times a lady, not a charm! :)

Should be a stressed out sucky night until we score the first goal and then smother them with our defence!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home