-->
CANUCKS HOCKEY BLOG

Saturday, November 17, 2007

Wild 2 Canucks 6

You'll have to forgive me for not remembering fine details about the game. I went to the game. I got drunk. Now, as Tracy and I are about to head to the ferry terminal and visit daddy-in-law in Nanaimo, I'm hungover as hell.

Not cool.

The game was as fun a game as I've seen this season. Lots of goals and lots of well, drama. Today, everyone will probably be talking those two things.

It was the first time the Canucks have scored six goals in a game since January of this year, and unlike on Wednesday, it was good to see the boys rewarded for their good play.

The drama? Well, put it this way. I expected a pretty intense game (the Wild, for some reason, consider the Canucks their biggest rival) but never would have expected the dirty plays that happened. Gaborik on Kesler, Koivu on Ohlund, and Ohlund on Koivu. Tsk, tsk, tsk, boys. Rest assured, the league is looking at those hits.

And I really hope this wasn't Derek Boogard placing a bounty on our Canucks (Elliott Pap, Vancouver Sun):


"Obviously a slash like that, you expect to see at least a five-game suspension," said the 6-7 Boogie Man.

"We'll see how things play out on Wednesday. Their so-called agitators were taking liberties, but as soon as I step on the ice, they scatter to their holes. I'm not going to stand for it.

"Maybe I go out and slash [Markus] Naslund or Pinky and the Brain twins."
I certainly hope not, though Wednesday's rematch just got a lot more interesting.

More sober (and more intelligent) thoughts on the game:

Next game:

Sunday at 5 PM vs. the Calgary Flames


______________
Comments/Questions: Feel free to post in the comments section or email me at gocanucksgo10 (at) hotmail (dot) com.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

Labels: ,

posted by J.J. Guerrero, 8:46 AM

3 Comments:

At November 17, 2007 3:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. Getting drunk at a game = a good time.

2. Derek Boogard is a moron, though I'm wondering if that quote was modified a bit. Somebody on CDC uploaded a clip of the interview where he called the twins the "Pinky and the Brain twins" and he almost says 'go after' but instead corrects himself with 'check', which I guess is code for 'beat the crap out of'.

Either way, I predict an unbelevably boring game on Wednesday because you know that Colin Campbell is picking out his seat right now in the Wild arena.

 
At November 18, 2007 8:19 AM, Blogger J.J. Guerrero said...

Maybe Gino would suit up for one game and beat the living snot out of Boogard. That would be sweet. haha!

 
At November 18, 2007 3:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well now that begs the question: Gino or Tiger?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home