-->
CANUCKS HOCKEY BLOG

Thursday, February 21, 2008

What Should Nonis Do Contest Time

Contest time.

With news that Peter Forsberg won't be coming back to the NHL this season, Dave Nonis' job just got a bit more challenging (Ben Kuzma, Vancouver Province). Signing Forsberg, likely or unlikely as it may have been, would have given the Canucks a top-six forward without costing them any of their young players. Now, If Nonis wants to make this team better for the playoff push and beyond, he has to deal away some assets.

The question is, what should Nonis do? Should he trade or should he stay put? Who should he trade and who should he trade for?

Post a comment and share your thoughts. On Thursday night, I'll randomly select a name to win a couple of tickets to the Vancouver Canucks Open Practice on Sunday. Great seats too. They're in section 117, row 4 - I believe these are two rows behind the players bench.

I'll sticky this post over the next couple of days to give y'all a chance to enter.

Cheers!

______________
Comments/Questions: Feel free to post in the comments section or email me at gocanucksgo10 (at) hotmail (dot) com.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

Labels: ,

posted by J.J. Guerrero, 6:59 AM

6 Comments:

At February 19, 2008 5:22 PM, Blogger Canuckfan said...

I know it's boring, but I think Nonis should pretty much sit tight--pick up a 3rd line forward for a 3rd round pick, that sort of thing. This is not our year (unless it is!), so I'm really waiting for next year.

 
At February 19, 2008 9:05 PM, Blogger J.J. Guerrero said...

I tend to agree with the caveat being the 3rd liner has the ability to play in the top-six. :P

I'm not against giving up assets; I do have a problem with giving up too many assets. I would do Bourdon plus pick for Jeff Carter. I wouldn't do Bourdon, Schneider, Kesler plus pick for Mats Sundin.

 
At February 20, 2008 12:53 AM, Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

With the season-ending injury to Krajicek, I wouldn't deal away Bourdon.
I think Nonis is too thrifty and is going to gamble on a 3rd liner guy hoping to make the second line in exchange for 3rd or 4th round pick...nothing more. Basically, another Smolinski type of deal.
The summer is where the Canucks' big moves happen (let Naslund go/Morrison.)

 
At February 20, 2008 12:54 AM, Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

I wouldn't be opposed to Gelinas by the way!

 
At February 20, 2008 7:47 PM, Blogger Mike said...

He should trade for every scout that the Detroit Red Wings franchise has before Burke beats him to the punch.

 
At February 21, 2008 9:10 AM, Blogger bess said...

schneid, bourdon, raymond, shannon, possibly grabner. that is the trade value for the next two years. it might be wise not to empty the tank too much this year
:(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home