-->
CANUCKS HOCKEY BLOG

Saturday, October 29, 2005

Avery Makes No Apologies

Given the opportunity by Sportsnet to speak his side on his recent controverial comments, Avery makes no apologies:
... Everyone is entitled to an opinion...
On his comment regarding French-Canadians:
... I wouldn't have said it if I didn't mean it... I wish it didn't get much attention as it did...
On his ensuing apology:
... I didn't apologize for what I said... it was an apology if I offended anyone...
On the alleged racial slur directed to Edmonton Oiler George Laraques:

... That's just something between George and me... I think he just wants to be on TV...
The Sportsnet Hockeycentral panel admitted to appreciating Avery for being candid, though they acknowledged that a fine line exists being candid and being a boor. In my own personal opinion, Avery is a boor.

(I apologize for not having a link to the transcript of the interview as the segment just aired. I will post the transcript later if I can find it.)
posted by J.J. Guerrero, 3:26 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home