-->
CANUCKS HOCKEY BLOG

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Who Said This?

It's awful. I don't think we were ready for the battle they were going to bring to us. I think we lost that game. I think guys were psyched out. Guys said, 'Oh, it's going to be too hard of a game. I don't want to get hit. I'm not going to sacrifice.' And it showed because they beat us to every loose puck. We gotta get our heads screwed on straight.

When you look up at the clock and there's 15 minutes gone in the first period and we have two shots, that's unacceptable. It really grinded on me, really grinded on a lot of guys in here. That's where my frustration comes from. Psychologically, we figured, 'That's how it's going to be,' and we accepted it. They get the two points.

It's only going to get harder. If we have efforts like that for two periods, that's what the result's going to be. Nobody's going to hand it to us.

Unfortunately, the above tirade wasn't made by any Canuck, though it certainly should apply. Battle. Sacrifice. Hard work. Let's hope for a better Canucks effort tonight against the Red Wings.

Quote was from Chris Drury. Assist to Sabre Rattling for the link.


______________
Comments/Questions: Feel free to post in the comments section or email me at gocanucksgo10 (at) hotmail (dot) com.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

posted by J.J. Guerrero, 7:11 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home