-->
CANUCKS HOCKEY BLOG

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Off To Edmonton

Unlike the Canucks, we're unfortunately not taking a charter to Edmonton. Instead, we're about to embark on a good four-hour bus ride to the city that Wayne built. If there's any upside to this, my head hurts from the consumption of many Molsons - did you know beer is almost $2 cheaper per glass at the Saddledome compared to GM Place - and I can use the four hours to go back to sleep. As long as our bus driver doesn't blast out Air Supply again.

The CBC thing: Dennis, our camera man, met us at the West entrance of the Saddledome last night. Good guy, funny guy. After telling us to "act like he wasn't there" - no problem after a few brews - he proceeded to follow us around the concourse while we chanted "Go Canucks Go!" Then he came down with us to watch the warm-ups and then finally back to our seats for the game. A few times, we had to switch seats with each other so he could get different angles, I guess. It was definitely an interesting experience.

One of the funniest moments: During the second intermission, I grabbed a couple of beers. When I went back to my seat, Dennis sees the double-fist and goes "Oh, I've got to get a shot of that". I responded, "There's no other way to watch a hockey game." I'm not really an alcoholic. Really not.

Anyway, I'm off to Edmonton. I'll post again when I get there. Good night for now.
posted by J.J. Guerrero, 8:34 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home