-->
CANUCKS HOCKEY BLOG

Friday, September 22, 2006

Preseason: Canucks 3 Sharks 4

90 seconds, one shot. That's all it took for Roberto Luongo to let in his first goal against as a Vancouver Canuck.

Was it simply a case of nerves?

"You know, there were some nerves out there and I had to get the butterflies out," said Luongo, who admitted to feeling some rust as well. "It was my first game since April and here I am with my new team. I really wanted to make an impression. Obviously, there's been a lot of stuff going on for me. I'm trying to get all the kinks out of the way."
Better now than when it counts in the standings. The Canucks lost 4-3 to the San Jose Sharks.

Even without Anson Carter on their wing, the Sedins had great games. Both had a goal and an assist each; both combined for 12 of the Canucks' 33 shots. Their linemate? $1.9 million man, Ryan Kesler.

In the third, Vigneault finally gave up on Jesse Shultz, who was regularly knocked out of the play, and put Ryan Kesler with the twins. Kesler hit everything and cleared out lots of space. It led to two third-period goals, one by Daniel and one by Henrik, which tied the game at 3-3.

"In the third we started forechecking really good and we were able to get some pucks on turnovers and get some good chances," Daniel said. "I like playing with [Kesler], he's a really good player."
Have the Sedins found their new triplet?

The Canucks play tonight again in Anaheim. Game starts at 7 PM. Radio broadcast is on TEAM 1040.

If you were one of the ones having troubles with TEAM 1040's internet feed, Isabella from Stick In Rink has some advice:

Try putting http://meta.insinc.com/team1040/live.asx into your Windows Media Player. That's the direct link and I've been told it works well for people.
Thanks Isabella.

______________
Comments/Questions: Feel free to post in the comments section or email me at gocanucksgo10 (at) hotmail (dot) com.

Technorati Tags: , , , , ,
posted by J.J. Guerrero, 7:00 AM

2 Comments:

At September 22, 2006 7:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Team1040 underestimated exactly how many people listen to internet broadcasts on gameday. It's not just fans in the lower mainland (who don't have a radio in the room, or prefer to listen online, etc, etc), but people pretty much all over the world. My friend just recently moved to Japan and she listens to 1040 online for gameday, too.

I've got one of those 'the Canucks blew it' hangovers. I guess hockey really has started!

 
At September 23, 2006 9:22 AM, Blogger J.J. Guerrero said...

lol @ Canucks blew it hangovers! Hope there's not too many of those.

I think you're right about Team 1040 underestimating how many people use their internet feed. Does anyone actually listen to the radio anymore? I know, myself, I have a radio/clock at home, but tend to listen to the game over the web anyway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home