-->
CANUCKS HOCKEY BLOG

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Jan-satisfied

I wonder if "not being happy" is an annual tradition for Jan Bulis (Vancouver Province, Vancouver Sun):

Enigmatic forward Jan Bulis says he wouldn't be surprised if he's no longer a Canuck by the end of the all-star break.

Unsatisfied with his role and irregular ice time since the start of the season, Bulis said his agent Jiri Crha has had meetings with GM Dave Nonis to discuss his immediate future.

Crha said he didn't demand a trade but he's prepared to ask for a deal, turning Bulis into trade bait, if the sides can't come to a mutually beneficial understanding.
This news is surprising only because of its timing. The Canucks are playing their best hockey of the season and have won nine of their last ten games. The last thing they need is another distraction.

Nonis, speaking from Vancouver, confirmed Bulis's version of events and said the veteran needs to play better.

"If he plays more like he played in Montreal, why would we trade him?" Nonis said. "That was the guy we thought we were getting. He wants to play more? Then he needs to play better."
Last season, Bulis went through the same song and dance. His inconsistent play fell him out of Bob Gainey's favor and he demanded a trade. With his same inconsistent play this season, I doubt he is one of Alain Vigneault's favorite players either and you start to see a pattern emerge.

Jan, maybe it's not the team's or the coach's fault. Maybe it's the player.

______________
Comments/Questions: Feel free to post in the comments section or email me at gocanucksgo10 (at) hotmail (dot) com.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,
posted by J.J. Guerrero, 6:09 AM

5 Comments:

At January 18, 2007 9:42 AM, Blogger Rinslet said...

I'm really disappointed with Bulis. :( Man.. such horrible timing, too. And I really didn't expect it from him, complaining about ice time, when even the Sedins or Naslund doesn't even get top line minutes, and heck.. if I expected complaint like this from anyone, I would think it would be from Marc Chouinard.

 
At January 18, 2007 10:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, at least Chouinard actually plays harder and has not played in many games. Bulis has been playing with the Sedins and he's complaining about ice time?

 
At January 18, 2007 7:09 PM, Blogger Justin said...

Jan Bulis can go fuck himself. We're winning like mad, and he's whining about ice time? As a beer league player myself, I want to score as much as the next guy. Would I sacrifice my ice time and production for a league championship? Absolutely, because I'm a TEAM player. I'll trade all my points for a championship. Does he want mega ice time on a shitty team? That can be arranged. I'll personally drop that douchebag off at the airport myself.

Bulis with 15 hooking penalties this season + worst stickhandler on the team + whining = Terrell Owens syndrome

 
At January 18, 2007 8:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Justin said it best. I noticed Jan Useless was demoted to 4th line during the Ottawa game...oh yeah...a WIN.

Jan...go take your personal statistics dreams to the AHL or Europe. Have fun, mate.

 
At January 18, 2007 9:51 PM, Blogger J.J. Guerrero said...

I don't know what he's complaining about. He's had ample opportunity to play with the Sedins and Morrison and Naslund.

It's too bad, really. Here he is on what is shaping up to be a solid team with a real shot at the playoffs and all he could think about is why he's only playing 14 minutes a game.

Justin - At least Terrell Owens has (or at least had) some game to back up his antics.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home