-->
CANUCKS HOCKEY BLOG

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

New NHL Spot

Another NHL ad, one that was filmed during All-Star weekend in Dallas, was released yesterday. Thanks to the power of the technology, the new spot is already on YouTube.



Maybe it's because I have a bit of a bias for the Sedins' spot, but while I found this one to be funny, I thought it was a little hokey as well. I mean, a pillow fight between Eric Staal and Jordan Staal? There's something terribly wrong with that picture. Brendan Shanahan and Sheldon Souray throwing water balloons out the hotel window? Are they targetting 12-year old girls with this ad? I realize the NHL wants to show its players in some real-life, hotel hijinks-like situations, but come on, NHL, you might as well have used ice girls in those parts of the ad.

I did enjoy the other parts of it. I mean, who hasn't raced down the hall on the concierge cart or have friends try the shaving cream trick? My favorite part was Alex Ovechkin ordering room service under Sidney Crosby's name - been there, done that many times (though not on Sidney) - and I especially liked Sidney's Newman-like response.

______________
Comments/Questions: Feel free to post in the comments section or email me at gocanucksgo10 (at) hotmail (dot) com.

Technorati Tags: ,
posted by J.J. Guerrero, 6:13 AM

3 Comments:

At February 13, 2007 10:01 AM, Blogger Jeremy said...

I think it works -- it's intentionally hokey, and pretty funny, if only because you don't expect to see those guys in those situations. Thanks for sharing!

 
At February 14, 2007 12:33 AM, Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

Oh, that was pretty darn good! Nice to see Luongo in there!

 
At February 17, 2007 6:50 PM, Blogger Justin said...

The water balloon scene reminded me of "Team Latino" unloading on passersby during your stag weekend.

TEAM LATINO 4 LIFE

 

Post a Comment

<< Home