-->
CANUCKS HOCKEY BLOG

Friday, April 13, 2007

Round 1 Game 2: Less Than Seven Periods Please

Don't get me wrong. I'm not complaining. The game one win was nice, and the Canucks, who now have a 1-0 series lead, can hopefully maintain their home ice advantage and win game 2 as well. Hopefully, they won't need seven periods to do so.

When they take the ice tonight, the Canucks will be missing Ryan Kesler, Matty Cooke and Alex Burrows.

The playoffs often become a war of attrition and just one game into the NHL post-season, the Vancouver Canucks have had to call for reinforcements.

The Canucks will be without speedy centre Ryan Kesler and may also be missing high-energy wingers Matt Cooke and Alex Burrows when they face the Dallas Stars tonight in Game 2 of their Western Conference quarter-final series at General Motors Place.
In their place in the lineup: Tommi Santala, Nathan Smith and Jannik Hansen. The Canucks recalled Smith and Hansen yesterday.

Here are more preview pieces on tonight's game:

______________
Comments/Questions: Feel free to post in the comments section or email me at gocanucksgo10 (at) hotmail (dot) com.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

Labels: , , , , ,

posted by J.J. Guerrero, 6:40 AM

3 Comments:

At April 13, 2007 8:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm happy to see Hansen recalled, although still holding out hope that Burrows and Cooke will return.

Sounds like Burrows might be in, but Cooke is doubtful.

 
At April 13, 2007 5:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As relieved and drained as I was when game 1 ended, I knew that I would have rather lost the game than lost Cooke, Burrows, Kesler, (and Sopol). Although Kesler was a nice surprise to start, it soon became clear that we needed him more than expected (when Cooke went down). I was devastated to learn that he's gone for 4-5 weeks. Then I was wondering of Bieska would be able to get his foot into a skate after taking the skate off after game 1. Sounds like he's good to go.

 
At April 26, 2007 7:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, just stopping by to show some love for your blog.

I'll be stopping by again to loook for updates.

Don't know if you are interested but I just finished a site on Pain Killer Addiction.

It's something I really enjoy helping people with, hope you stop by my site also!

Greg

 

Post a Comment

<< Home