-->
CANUCKS HOCKEY BLOG

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Canucks 3 Flames 2

If anyone would have told me a couple of months ago that Markus Naslund would go through a 15-game goal-less drought, I would have told them they were nuts.

If anyone would have told me that guys like Ryan Kesler, Alex Burrows, Marc Chouinard, Trevor Linden, Matt Cooke, Kevin Bieksa and Alexander Edler would all have more goals than him over a span of 15 games, I would have told them they were crazy.

And if anyone would have told me the Canucks would be 10-5 in 15 consecutive games when Markus doesn't score a goal, I would have told them not a chance.

Especially if they told me four of those wins would be against the Calgary Flames, including three of them in one week.

Shows you what I know.

More from the Mainstream

About the game around the blogosphere

My 3 Stars of the Game

  1. Matthew Lombardi (CAL): The Canucks couldn't match the Flames forward's speed. Scored two goals, including his fourth SHG of the season.
  2. Roberto Luongo (VAN): Made 27 saves, half of them in the third period when Calgary tried to mount their comeback.
  3. Brendan Morrison (VAN): Opportunistic in the first period when he scored his 10th goal of the season and assisted on Trevor's fifth. Now on a three-game point streak.

Official Statistics

Next Game

Back on home ice tonight against the Mike Modano-less, Brendan Morrow-less and Eric Lindros-less Dallas Stars.

______________
Comments/Questions: Feel free to post in the comments section or email me at gocanucksgo10 (at) hotmail (dot) com.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,
posted by J.J. Guerrero, 8:15 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home