-->
CANUCKS HOCKEY BLOG

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Canucks 3 Ducks 2

I had a work function last night and asked the wifey to tape the game for me. Alas, she went for a facial and didn't set the VCR so I missed out on what, from what I heard and read, was a great game for the kids.

I realize it's only been one game, but still, it's refreshing that the Canucks have some decent depth at every position now. When Bieksa and Salo went down six weeks ago, Alexander Edler, Mike Weaver and Luc Bourdon filled in just fine, and of course, Edler is still a regular in the lineup these days. Mason Raymond and Jason Jaffray were good last night and had a couple of points each. Curtis Sanford stole the show with 33 saves, 16 of them in the final period when the Canucks were outshot 16-1.

Again, it's only one game, but hey, I'll savor the win and hope they can do it all over again tonight.

More from the mainstream:

Next game:

Tonight against the San Jose Sharks

______________
Comments/Questions: Feel free to post in the comments section or email me at gocanucksgo10 (at) hotmail (dot) com.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

Labels: , , , ,

posted by J.J. Guerrero, 6:34 AM

1 Comments:

At December 13, 2007 3:35 PM, Blogger Charity said...

your goalie did a good job in net. congrats to the kiddies the team on their first NHL goals. Must be kind of cool to say that you netted your first against the so-called "defending" Stanley Cup Champs.

I wouldn't know. I was on the losing side of the ice. :(

Weak fight (more of a tumble) somewhere in the mix, but pretty two-on-one by your Raymond kid. Nice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home