-->
CANUCKS HOCKEY BLOG

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Game Day Post: Devils at Canucks



Marty vs. Louie.

The battle between two possible goalies for Team Canada in the 2010 Olympics goes tonight as the New Jersey Devils pay a rare visit to GM Place.

On the one hand, I'm excited to see this match-up. I'm also very excited to watch Zach Parise play. (This kid's a keeper.)

On the other hand, I, unfortunately, still have memories of the last time I saw the Devils play at GM Place. I was still working there and was working a center ice tunnel when the Devils held the Canucks to eight shots on goal... for the entire game. I remember the Canucks tied a club record with 0 shots on goal during one period as well. It was riveting hockey, I tell ya.

Besides the interest behind the Marty vs. Louie subplot, I'm not sure what to expect from this game. Neither team plays the trap necessarily, but both certainly play a defense-first system. Both are in the top half of the league in shots against - that is, they allow fewer shots against than half the league - and in the bottom half in shots for. Not surprisingly, both teams are in the top half of the league in goals against and in the bottom half for goals for.

Are we in for a titanic defensive battle? Perhaps. And it won't hurt to have a large pot of caffeine handy.

More from today's MSM:
______________
Comments/Questions: Feel free to post in the comments section or email me at gocanucksgo10 (at) hotmail (dot) com.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

Labels: , , ,

posted by J.J. Guerrero, 6:25 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home