-->
CANUCKS HOCKEY BLOG

Saturday, December 15, 2007

BC Children's Hospital Skate For A Cure



I was reading fellow Crazy Canuck, Rebecca's blog and noticed that she was participating in the upcoming BC Children's Hospital Skate for a Cure campaign.
The Skate for a Cure is a fundraising event providing participants of all ages the chance to skate on the home ice of the Vancouver Canucks at General Motors Place, helping raise funds to find a cure for childhood cancer.
Basically, participants skate laps for 30-minutes and try to raise money. It's for a good cause, and from reading the blurbs, it sounds like a good time.

So I've decided to bring out the ol' skates and sign up as well.

I need to raise a minimum of $150 so I hope some of you can help out. I'm also signed up as part of the "Vancouver Bloggers" group and we have a team goal of raising $750. Every penny counts.

If you'd like to donate, I have a personal page set up on the Skate for a Cure site:

http://bcchf.kintera.org/skate/canuckshockeyblog

From this page, you can fill out an electronic form and submit your donations, and also, keep track of how much I've raised so far. We also have a team page set up to keep track of our team goal.

For more information on the fundraiser, you can visit the BC Children's Hospital and the Michael Cuccione Foundation site.

I hope to have your guys' support and thanks in advance.

______________
Comments/Questions: Feel free to post in the comments section or email me at gocanucksgo10 (at) hotmail (dot) com.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

Labels: ,

posted by J.J. Guerrero, 10:00 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home