-->
CANUCKS HOCKEY BLOG

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Going For Gold

I was lucky enough to get tickets to watch Team Canada shut out Team Finland 4-0 in the 2006 IIHF World Junior Hockey Championships semifinals and advance to Thursday's gold medal game. The Canadians played a physical game with a bit of puck possession, and outworked and outskilled a tired Finland team - a typical, solid, Canadian game.

A few notes on the game:

  • I thought Blake Comeau was the most dangerous forward for Team Canada - the Islanders' draft pick was all over the ice.
  • Gottta give full credit to Team Canada's defense. Finland was never able to sustain any offensive pressure, except during the odd shift, and only managed 19 shots on goal. Canada had 43.
  • Luc Bourdon was silently solid again. You very rarely notice him on the ice (which is of course a good thing for a defenseman).
  • Justin Pogge was great - again. It really is too bad that he's Leafs property.
Team Canada will meet the Russians on Thursday - now I have to find an excuse to leave work early.

One of my New Year's resolutions for this blog is to add more visuals to it. I know my photo-taking skills aren't that great right now but I'm hoping to learn along the way. Anyway, I took a few shots last night, but unfortunately, most of them didn't turn out; here are the two that did:



If you would like to share your photos from the game, email them to me at gocanucksgo10 (at) hotmail (dot) com.

posted by J.J. Guerrero, 6:44 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home