-->
CANUCKS HOCKEY BLOG

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Anson Down


Us Canucks fans are already familiar with the revolving door of right-wingers the Sedins have had over the years - Trent Klatt, Trevor Linden, Matt Cooke, Jason King, Todd Bertuzzi, among others - and it's a definite compliment to Anson Carter that he has quickly developed a chemistry with them. As a result, of course, the twins are enjoying career seasons. And so is Anson Carter.

With 26 games left in the regular season, Anson needs just 22 points to equal his career-high of 60 back in 2001-2002 (with the Oilers).

Now, there's a report this morning that Anson hurt his foot against the Blue Jackets on Monday night. If he can't play against the Blues tonight, it will be the first time this season we'll see the Sedins play without the best linemate they've ever played with (and no, that's not a shot at Geoff Sanderson). And while we're already used to seeing them play with others, it will be interesting to see if they can continue to produce as well as they have without him.

Postscript: I know I don't do a lot of game-day preview type of posts - it's a time thing - but thinking about how I can improve this blog, I'd like to try and do them more regularly. Even if just to focus on one thing to watch for each game night. I'll see how it goes.

______________
Comments/Questions: Feel free to post in the comments section or email me at gocanucksgo10 (at) hotmail (dot) com.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,
posted by J.J. Guerrero, 6:56 AM

3 Comments:

At February 08, 2006 3:37 PM, Blogger Ariane Kitspace said...

I'm so enjoying reading your blog as we're not financially fit enough right now to enjoy the games live! I've linked you to my Ariane C Kitspace site, so any family and friends curious about our mighty Canucks can learn more. As I try to include a bit here and there, it's nowhere near as comprehensive as your entries : )

 
At February 08, 2006 3:38 PM, Blogger Ariane Kitspace said...

PS - my site is at http://arianec.blogspot.com, as I see by clicking on ariane kitspace, you'll only go to my profile section!

Cheers,

Ariane C

 
At February 10, 2006 6:15 AM, Blogger J.J. Guerrero said...

Thank you very much for the kind words Ariane. :)


J.J.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home