-->
CANUCKS HOCKEY BLOG

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Five Things You Didn't Know About Me

Thanks to fellow Crazy Canucker, John Bolwitt, and Isabella who both tagged me so that I now have to divulge five things you didn't know about me:

1) I am left-handed in most everyday things (like writing and eating) but have a stronger right-hand in most sports-related things. Playing basketball, I shoot with my left hand but have a better dribble with my right. Also, and this is maybe because defenses used to always force me to drive to the hoop to my right, my right-hand layup is better. I am also a right-handed shot in hockey and a very awkward right-handed swing in softball.

Naturally, when I drink, I use both hands. One beer in each.

2) When I was 12 years old and still living in the Philippines, I gave up swimming, soccer and piano to concentrate on playing basketball. I went to a few hoops camps and joined a bunch of youth leagues not knowing that I would only grow up to be 5'8". With my shoes on. The only leagues I play in now are volleyball and softball (even though I can't hit the freakin' ball to save my life).

3) I am the least adventurous eater in the world. In fact, I didn't eat my first piece of sashimi until I was 25, and dimsum and pho until I met Tracy when I was 27.

4) I am proudly Canadian but almost my entire extended family are American. My family on my mom's side are mostly on the West Coast (Seattle and San Francisco); my family on my dad's side are in Long Island, Nashville and Paramus, NJ. The Canada vs. US thing and the West Coast vs. East Coast thing sometimes make for some interesting family gatherings.

5) My next two favorite teams after the Canucks are the Detroit Red Wings and Montreal Canadiens. I've always liked Steve Yzerman and the Habs won the Cup the year I started really paying attention to hockey. Dear Canucks fans, please don't hold this against me.

Okay - Justin, Mike, Finny and Jaci - tag, you're up.

______________
Comments/Questions: Feel free to post in the comments section or email me at gocanucksgo10 (at) hotmail (dot) com.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,
posted by J.J. Guerrero, 6:21 PM

6 Comments:

At January 09, 2007 6:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey...me too! I write, eat, use powertools with my right hand. I shoot hoops, throw a football/baseball with my left hand.

But this will mess with ya. I play golf right handed...and hockey left handed (unless I am goalie, then I am right handed). It all had to do with the equipment that was available at the time I was learning to play all these sports.

 
At January 09, 2007 6:50 PM, Blogger J.J. Guerrero said...

Weird, isn't it?

I actually started playing hockey as a left-handed shot, but wasn't at all comfortable at all doing so. Don't really know why... it just was. haha!

 
At January 10, 2007 8:44 AM, Blogger Jeremy said...

Nah, we won't hold your other hockey allegiances against you -- I think we all have secret affinities for a couple of other teams after the 'Nucks.

 
At January 10, 2007 1:08 PM, Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

What's worse, me liking the Leafs, or you liking the Red Wings??? That's borderline blasphemy, man!!! :)

 
At January 10, 2007 3:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey I drink with both hands too! I've been trying to use my feet too...but the bouncers typically stop me before I get very far.

 
At January 11, 2007 6:01 AM, Blogger J.J. Guerrero said...

Zanstrom - Liking the Leafs or liking the Wings? Man, I don't know.

Mike - Silly bouncers. :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home