-->
CANUCKS HOCKEY BLOG

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Blackhawks 3 Canucks 0

Whatever the Canucks had against the Oilers on Tuesday night, well, they didn't have against the Chicago Blackhawks last night. They lost 3-0 to one of the worst teams in the Western Conference and its third-string goalie and blew a chance to take first place in the Northwest Division. The game was so boring that I actually tuned into American Idol for parts of it. Even Paula was more entertaining and I was really more a fan of the cat than of her back in the day. (We got shut out by the freakin' Hawks. Do you blame me?)

This stuff happens. I'm sure the emotional win against Edmonton only 24 hours before took a lot out of our boys in vintage blue. (Although God bless Kevin Bieksa for a great fight against Karl Stewart.) Unfortunately, stuff came at the worst possible time. This should have been a win, and after home losses to the Kings, the Blue Jackets, and now the Blackhawks, I'm seeing shades of last year's 0-4 record against St. Louis again. And we all know how that worked out for us.

Here's hoping that a couple of days rest does the team wonders.

More from the Mainstream

About the game around the blogosphere

My 3 Stars of the Game

  1. Patrick Lalime (CHI): 34 saves and a shutout in his first start of the season
  2. Martin Havlat (CHI): Too bad he's injured a lot. He's actually quite a good player.
  3. Markus Naslund (VAN): Is it just me or is Markus looking better these days?

Official Statistics

Next Game

The Atlanta Thrashers are in town on Satuday night.

______________
Comments/Questions: Feel free to post in the comments section or email me at gocanucksgo10 (at) hotmail (dot) com.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

Labels:

posted by J.J. Guerrero, 6:54 AM

9 Comments:

At February 08, 2007 8:53 AM, Blogger Rinslet said...

Yeah. Nazzy looked pretty awesome this game! I think he's the one who created the most scoring chances for the team... and there were a few plays where you just bang your head and think "if we only had a better winger than Cooke to bury that kind of plays from Nazzy"... but yeah. Naslund was flying tonight.

 
At February 08, 2007 9:01 AM, Blogger Sean Zandberg said...

I thought Josh Green was intense as well.

 
At February 08, 2007 5:26 PM, Blogger J.J. Guerrero said...

rinslet - I hope that, if Nonis was going to make a move, that he gets another winger to play with Nazzy.

zanstrom - I agree. Josh Green actually looked good out there too.

 
At February 09, 2007 12:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi. I am a frustrated canucks fan living in france. It's impossible to see a game here. I have been searching for a way to see recent games online. I stumbled onto this blog with a post from november pointing to google vids.

48 hour delay no problem for me. But when I go to the site http://video.google.com/nhl.html which boasts "never miss an NHL game!" there are a few recent games in videos of the week but when I click on a team link the most recent games are from december!? I would love toeven be able to pay to see a game. I don't see that option. What is going on?
Please help!

 
At February 10, 2007 8:30 AM, Blogger J.J. Guerrero said...

^ I remember reading about the Google thing from another blogger recently. I can't remember who it was but I'll try to jog my memory and see if I can find the answer.

 
At December 25, 2020 12:29 AM, Blogger jemas join said...

It is so frustrating for users that they are not able to access the Roadrunner email account. When you are not able to access your Roadrunner email
account, it means that you are experiencing login issues.

 
At December 25, 2020 12:31 AM, Blogger jemas join said...

It is so frustrating for users that they are not able to access the Roadrunner email account. When you are not able to access your Roadrunner email
account, it means that you are experiencing login issues.

 
At October 03, 2022 12:18 AM, Blogger ClaireHart said...

Are you wondering how often does breeze cancel flights? There can be a number of reasons for cancellation from the side of the airlines. It can be due to extreme weather conditions which make flying quite risky, technical issues in the plane, lack of staff members on the ground, lack of sufficient air hosting assistants to serve on the plane, government orders, etc. Some are under the airline’s control while others are not. Under US federal law, the airlines are required to compensate their passengers in case the cancellation was due to reasons that are under the control of the airline’s administration.

 
At April 08, 2024 2:58 AM, Blogger Andria Luis277 said...

Spirit Airlines is an American ultra-low-cost carrier known for its budget-friendly fares and no-frills approach to air travel.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home